- Academic & Professional
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Master of Clinical Nursing (University of Tasmania)
- Gradiate Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (UNSW/JNI)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Sydney University of Technology)
- Royal Society of Arts Cert. TEFLA (Cambridge University)
- Diploma of InfoTech in Network Engineering (TAFE Tasmania)
- Certified Novell Administrator (Educom, Sydney)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAFE Tasmania)
- Approved Clinical Preceptor for NBT (Tasmania)
- ACRM Instructor in Simulation (Stanford University)
- Clinical & Vocational
- Mental Health, Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Lecturer in Nursing and Patient Simulation
- Justice of the Peace (Tasmania)
- Specialist areas
Education, Nursing, Psychology, Psychiatry, Simulation, Information Technology (Hardware, Networking, Unix, Web & Database design)
- Career Summary
Hospital based training in England, graduated as Registered Psychiatric Nurse working in acute Mental Health. Moved to Australia and worked in acute inpatient, rehabilitation and community based areas in several states.
Held various clinical and management positions including Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Nurse Unit Manager and Team Leader. Functioned as Project Manager and technically consulted on a number of research projects.
Moved into Information Technology specialising in health infomatics. Taught both Information Technology and Enrolled Nursing in VET sector over several years. Moved into simulated training for nursing and medical students and lecturing in Bachelor of Nursing in higher education sector.
Many thanks to Jane Wilson from the University of Tasmania library for her assistance with some of the links and resources listed on PhDNotes.
Become a contributor
PhDNotes is looking for collaborative information sharing across all faculties and disciplines. If you have a contribution or a resource which you believe might be useful for graduate level research then contact us.